The Place

The place for all your warhammer, 40k, LOTR and warmachine scenery. Scenic bases, custom paint jobs, how to's and much much more.



Monday 19 December 2011

Flagstone floor from insulation foam. Comp entry part 1.


Any of you wargames fans out there that frequent Terragenesis.co.uk will know that they hold regular terrain making competitions, each with a different theme. This months theme is "holey places" or something with a hole in it, I've decided to model a caved in floor for Warhammer or 40k with perhaps a dungeon underneath. I usually carve my floors from poly board but I went for a new approach this time and started hacking up some insulation foam that I got from work. Although I can't capture as much detail as I can with the poly board it seems a lot more characterful at this stage.
Here is one of the exterior walls that I have carved up, please let me know what you think by dropping a comment in the box below

No comments:

Post a Comment